Friday, January 16, 2009

The Work He Has Done

During this fast, I have been reminded constantly of the following Scripture passages: 2 Corinthians 5:16-20 and Galatians 6:10-20.

If you haven't been struggling, you are very fortunate. Yes, there have been struggles for me: satisfy that sweet tooth, the need for caffeine, or purchase some type of 'junk food' snack.

Like the struggle for certain foods, there are life struggles too. Although the daily grind happens and the 'ups and downs' of life will continue until my very end, these passages describe how I felt during my quiet times and as well as how I felt in general during the last couple weeks.

Even before that, in the autumn and winter seasons I knew that God was working in me to get rid of dross from my checkered past. Yes, I am a witness, but I haven't been a strong witness lately.

I am very glad that 2008 is over and very grateful now for the new year. God will reveal much for all of us in 2009. As we go through this fast, as a way of denying ourselves, I feel as though we are in a transition for 'refreshing.'

I look forward to hearing about God's revelations for you as we go through this fast. He will continue to mold all of us in His image.

I'm really surprised that the fasting hasn't been tougher. I know that it is not *me* doing the work. As long as I am obedient to God and His Word, He will take care of everything. This fasting exercise has helped to focus on Him and comprehend a little more about His greatness. It is so good to know that each day comes new blessings, new revelations and new beginnings, and I am learning more about His peace.

Therefore, I am a new creation in Him. And, if I can be a new creation, then I know that you are a new creation too! Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment