Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 12 Observations

Today is day 12 of my Daniel Fast, and it’s been a struggle so far. Well, maybe not yesterday and so far today it’s not. But last week, my physical body suffered and this week, my spiritual body has suffered. I’ve been battling all kinds of distractions which keep me from worshiping the Lord. If it’s not work related issues, it’s financial problems. If it’s not that, then it’s feelings of being totally overwhelmed and incompetent. I’m not trying to be a total bummer here, but I’m just trying to share what I’ve been going through lately. I never thought it would be easy, but the part I thought I’d have the most difficulty with, the food, seems to be fairly good so far. Although, I’m looking forward to a big plate of sausage and eggs with gravy and biscuits!

As far as those “issues” are concerned, I just look at them as more ways God can work miracles in my life. There is an answer to every problem and I pray the Holy Spirit will guide me through the problems and show me how to reach the solutions. I feel at peace this morning because I know that God will provide. I will not let those distractions get between my and my Lord! How’s that for being positive!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments. I too feel that way. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I feel like the distractions have increased. I hardly ever work overtime in my position. However, I have just finished one of the hardest weeks of my time here. I had several 12-13 hour days in a row... food hasn't been so bad, although I felt that in the beginning it was stealing my time.. grocery shopping.. prepping.. etc. However, through it all, I've been able to seek out those small windows of opportunity to meet with God. Your post reminded me that although life is busy there is always time. I've spent more car rides praying during this time than I ever even thought of before. Okay, now I'm rambling.. all that to say thank you for yur post.

    ReplyDelete