Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Scripture and Resource for inspiration

So, sometimes I have a hard time using resources and making it my own. However, I was inspired today by Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. If you get it, i highly encourage you to read the introduction before beginnin on of the chapters. If you are fasting for someone (or yourself) to overcome strongholds and aren't exactly sure where to begin this is a good place to start.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (New International Version)

3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nikki. This is probably a stupid question, but is Beth Moore geared more toward women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Bible studies are.. I would say this book is more for everyone. It's really just a guide to learning how to pray scripture. However, i'll have Erik look it over and tell me if he thinks it's more towards women. I'm probably a little biased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops - didn't realize i was logged in as Erik - this is Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki (or Erik, or whoever you are!) -- thanks for your comment. "Taking every thought..." is something I have been dwelling on the last couple of days to, sort-of. Actually, I am reading through John Eldridge's newest book, Walking with God, and he wrote about the power of the agreements that we make. Meaning, the thoughts or ideas that enter our consciences that we accept as truth either passively, by not rejecting them, or actively, by actually adapting them as part of our thought pattern/framework. Make sense?

    Like for example - I was faced with some discouragement yesterday. So of course, the Enemy takes his pot-shots at my identity. But because of this awareness of agreements that God has brought to me, I could hear the lies and call Satan's bluff with the Truth that I am the righteousness of God in Christ and my identity as His son is untouched by my day-to-day valleys and mountains.

    ReplyDelete