Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things I am learning

Well, look at this, I am actually working the blog and it has only taken me 3 weeks to get over the fear :)

It has come to my mind over and over again that "obedience is better than sacrifice." To me this is the Lord encouraging me to view life through the spectrum of obedience as is an act of submission rather than sacrifice which is ritualistic and legalistic...which can lead to man pleasing. I think it is more natural to go the sacrifice route as it is more predictable because it is connected to man's responses where as obedience is difficult to quantify.

I can see that I am waxing eloquence today so let me break it down...anything we do in life should be born out of a place of obedience not done to perform to show how sacrificial we are,

The other thing is I have been praying for fresh anointing on Bill and my life and ministry...whenever I go to the Word of God I am pointed to wisdom and understanding and knowledge. This is to be searched for as a treasure better than gold. We are encouraged to seek wisdom not gold but that wisdom has a benefit of wealth. So, all that to say that wisdom and obedience can lead to annointing, and authority and blessing.

God bless you and keep up the good fasting.
Lisa :)
ps missing chocolate...I wonder if it would even taste good at this point...it would probably be disgusting, right?

2 comments:

  1. Ditto with the Amen! Thank you Lisa.

    Chocolate? It's been sooo long that I don't even remember what chocolate tastes like. What about meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog... If you are planning on doing a Daniel Fast again next year, be sure to check out my blog, which provides Daniel Fast friendly recipes. :)

    www.thosewhohunger.blogspot.com

    Thanks for checking!

    ReplyDelete